Historically we have travelled out to work in the community but now we plan open up our building to artists and invite communities into our building by hosting a variety of arts and craft activities for different groups.
We are looking for artists and makers to facilitate a range of creative sessions to the general public and targeted groups.
The Action Factory building is located inBlackburn not far from junction 6 of the M65.
We have a variety of workshop spaces able to accommodate almost any creative activity. We can provide equipment in group amounts e.g. scissors, glue guns, cutting mats etc*.
A store of materials is available for use e.g. paper, card, material, paint,
The building has disabled access and toilet facilities, a basic kitchen and dinning area, access to sinks, numerous power points and WIFI.
*give us a ring and we’ll see if we’ve got what you need
Action Factory staff will promote and market your workshop and will include links to your website, blog or networking site
We expect to pay artists session fees, which will be recouped from subsidised activity fees paid by participants and grants.
We are currently piloting an over 50’s initiative called Homespun. These sessions will run for between 2 – 3 hours depending on the activity and be of easy to moderate technical ability.
- creates opportunities for positive social interaction,
- develop new creative skills and sense of achievement
- Meet like minded people, get help and advice and share creativity
We also plan to market and develop 1 day creative courses aimed at artists and skilled hobbyists. For example glass fusing, silverwork.
Expressions of interest
1. Summary of the activity you would like to facilitate including;
- Detail of the duration and what participants will do
- Maximum participant numbers you can facilitate per session
- Materials and resources you will use
- Technical ability easy, moderate, hard (is it aimed at a specific group e.g. children)
- Any specific equipment or space requirements
- Out line of your costs (please remember that we need to keep the costs down in order to make them as inclusive as possible)
2. Your availability to deliver the sessions
e.g. evenings, weekends, Wednesday afternoons
3. Your full contact details including;
- Name, address, phone number, email
- Links to website/ blog or other online networks
4. Do you have a current CRB?
5. Experience of working with different groups
e.g. Schools, community groups, mental health
Please email your expressions of interest to email@example.com