We are looking for artists and filmmakers in the North of England who are pushing the boundaries in artist film. We want to showcase a range of new, inspirational and challenging film art from emerging northern talent. We want excellent work that captures the imagination of the public, many of whom would be new to artist film.
The Artist Film Programme will include two strands for entries;
- a final year student strand
- a general open call strand
Both strands will be free to enter. Finalists will be judged by a panel of esteemed art and film professionals from across the North. There will be a first prize of £50 for final year student strand and £150 first prize for general open call.
- We will accept films that include (but not limited to) the following genres: Artist film, moving image, experimental film, photography in film, dance on film, experimental animation
- Eligible films must not exceed 5 minutes in duration and must have been made no earlier than November 2011
- Applicants must currently reside in North of England, which specifically includes North West, North East and Yorkshire & Humberside
- Only applicants in final year of full-time higher education course (MA, BA, BTEC/NVQ at NQF Level 6) will be considered for student programme
Further entry criteria is listed on our blog www.quaysculture.com
How to Enter
Any queries should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org