Open call for submissions- Quays Open Day
Northern Artist Film Programme- 1st November 2014 Deadline 4 July 2014
To celebrate our second Quays Open Day, a free curated programme of events throughout the Quays, we will be featuring screenings of dynamic and groundbreaking artist work on screen.
We are looking for artists and filmmakers in the North of England who are pushing the boundaries in artist film. We want to showcase a range of new, inspirational and challenging film art from emerging northern talent. We want excellent work that captures the imagination of the public, many of whom would be new to artist film.
The Artist Film Programme will include two strands for entries;
a final year student strand
a general open call strand
Both strands will be free to enter. Finalists will be judged by a panel of esteemed art and film professionals from across the North. Confirmed panelists include Lucy Dusgate (Director, Quays Culture), Mike Stubbs (Director FACT) and Lara Devitt (Relationship Manager Creative Media, Arts Council England).
There will be a first prize of £50 for final year student strand and £150 first prize for general open call.
We welcome artists and filmmakers currently residing in the North of England to submit their artist films that meet the following criteria:
- We will accept films that include (but not limited to) the following genres: Artist film, moving image, experimental film, photography in film, dance on film, experimental animation.
- Eligible films must not exceed 10 minutes in duration and must have been made no earlier than November 2011. Please note we have extended the permitted duration of films; artists that have previously submitted films under 5 minutes will still be considered
- Applicants are welcome to submit more than one entry (max. three entries), but must complete a separate application form for each
- Applicants must currently reside in North of England, which specifically includes North West, North East and Yorkshire & Humberside.
- Applicants within full-time education will not be considered for general open programme.
- Only applicants in final year of full-time higher education course (MA, BA Hons, BTEC, etc) will be considered for student programme.
Films that will not be accepted include: Narrative shorts or features, narrative animation, documentary or experimental documentary, music video.
How to Enter
To receive an application form please contact email@example.com or download from www.quaysculture.com. It is free to enter.
Entries can be submitted through by post or online. Film submission must be received by Midday 4 July 2014- submissions will not be accepted after this time.
Any queries should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org