Chrysalis Arts wishes to appoint a Co-ordinator to lead on the development and implementation of a new initiative to curate and tour a series of exhibitions to an evolving network of small-scale venues in North Yorkshire, East Lancashire and North East Lincolnshire.The programme is a pilot project designed to bring new, high quality, contemporary art and craft to rural and disadvantaged urban audiences. A second, key strand of the project is an accompanying programme of professional development designed to increase skills and knowledge amongst both the participating organisations and arts practitioners from each area.
The fee for this work is £15000 pa, to include all fees and expenses apart from a contribution towards travel costs. The work is offered on a freelance basis based on 16 hours per week.
Process and timescale
- Please respond to the brief with your CV, a covering letter outlining your interest in the project and how you might approach it and any further background information you would like us to consider.
- Applications must be received by 12 noon, Monday 4 February, 2013
- Responses should be emailed or posted to:
The Art Depot, Asquith Business Park, Eshton Rd, Gargrave, BD23 3SE
Tel: 01756 748529/749222
- A shortlist of applicants will be invited to an interview at Chrysalis Arts in February. The panel will include representatives from Chrysalis Arts, Arts Council England at least one of the participating venues.
- Project development from March 2013 onwards.
- Exhibitions open at points from autumn 2013 onwards.
If you would like to discuss the project in more detail or have any questions, please contact Christine Keogh or Rick Faulkner on 01756 748529 or 749222